- Email Signatures should include Name, Company Name, Website, Contact Number and Company Address if appropriate.
- Email Signature may also include social media links and business hours, but be selective with what you share.
- Using the email account associated with your website address lends professionalism! (Leah@mywebsite.com, for example)
- Gmail accounts are the complete norm for savvy business owners, as it allows their virtual assistants easy access.
- Make sure email name is professional. Leah.Remillet@gmail.com rather than email@example.com. (Yes, clients notice!)
- Keep it short, sweet, precise and professional.
- Include a small logo or - better yet - a small headshot so that the recipient can put a face with the text.
- Keep your text simple and clean, and avoid multiple color and font changes. (You don’t know how it will appear in their inbox.)
- Respond to emails quickly, but only during business hours. A quick email response time screams, ‘I care!’
- Your email should qualify as: simple, memorable, concise.
- Do not include multiple phone numbers and email address – choose your POC info and stick with it.
- And while we’re at it, why are you including your email address? You are emailing them!
- Think carefully about that quote you’ve included. Is it really representing your brand?
- Don’t include a legal disclaimer unless you actually need to. (It’s a bit pretentious.)
- If you’re using AOL or Hotmail – STOP! Clients notice, and it doesn’t scream ‘legit.’
- Don’t include personal Facebook, Twitter or other Social Details.
- Your entire signature should not consist solely of an image; it’s completely impractical and outright irritating when the recipient can’t actually click on the link.
- Your a.s. (auto signature) really shouldn’t have a higher word count than your email. Skip the biographical novel.
- Don’t respond to clients at 9pm on Friday night. You’re sending 2 very bad signals: 1) I’m desperate; 2) I’ll be at your beck and call 24/7.
- Don’t be afraid to show some you-flare. Yes, emails should be precise, but it’s still a great opportunity to build brand perception.
Are you ready for more? I’m determined to prove to as many photographers as will let me that you can have passion, profits and time for a great life. I’d love to teach you, step-by-step, how it’s done. This is happening for photographers from all over the world who are just like you. Let me prove just how wildly successful YOU can be! If you’re ready to take your business further, sign up for email updates (it’s free).
I create six-figure photographers, and I'd love to teach you, step-by-step, how it's done. This is happening for photographers from all over the world who are just like you. Let me prove just how wildly successful YOU can be!
If you're ready to take your business further, sign up for email updates (it's free).